- For individuals already enrolled in the CENC (now known as LIMBIC-CENC) Prospective Longitudinal Study (PLS)
Until further notice, all LIMBIC-CENC PLS enrollment and testing sites have temporarily paused in-person, face-to-face data collection. If you are currently in your window for an In-Person Follow-Up, you will be contacted in order to conduct your visit over the telephone with some aspects by mail-back. This telephone visit will take the place of your regularly scheduled in-person visit. If this is a year in which you were scheduled for a Telephone Follow-Up, there are no changes; you will still receive the usual call from the LIMBIC-CENC call center. Once our enrollment and testing sites are cleared to restart face-to-face research again, we will resume the normal schedule for conducting In-Person Follow-Ups. This might include trying to schedule any portions of the in-person visit that were missed if you did the back-up phone and mail portions during the COVID-19 pandemic face-to-face research restriction.
- For Service Members and Veterans interested in volunteering to join the LIMBIC-CENC Prospective Longitudinal Study (PLS)
Yes. In-person research has been paused at all LIMBIC-CENC enrollment and testing sites so we are not currently able to enroll new participants. However, as soon as the pause is lifted, we will restart enrolling and we will need new participants to join the study. While we are awaiting the “all clear” to initiate face-to-face testing, we encourage you to contact the site nearest you and give your contact information so that they can reach out to you once testing resumes. Click here to find the LIMBIC-CENC site nearest you.
- For LIMBIC-CENC research team members and LIMBIC-CENC Government Steering Committee members needing more information on the multicenter PLS
- For LIMBIC-CENC Retrospective (Epidemiology) Study Operations
The LIMBIC-CENC Epidemiology Project, consisting of three complementary research arms led by Drs. Yaffe, Pugh and Dismuke, has had no significant impact on its comprehensive analyses of stored mega-data from 7 federal (VA, DoD, CMS) datasets containing information from 2001-2019 on more than 2 million active duty and Veteran service members.
- For Researchers wishing to collaborate with LIMBIC-CENC
- Please contact the Coordinating Center (Justin.Alicea@vcuhealth.org or firstname.lastname@example.org) or directly to any of our leadership team if you have a collaboration interest.
- Please note that LIMBIC-CENC PLS uploads all of its data into FITBIR (https://fitbir.nih.gov/).